Migrating Z/IPStream X/2 or 9X/2 Settings to a New PC
- All user settings for Z/IPStream X/2 are stored in an options.xml file. So all you need to do is copy that file from the old PC to the new PC. To find it, go to the Windows Start menu where the list of programs is listed and scroll all the way down to "ZIPStream X2". Expand the list and choose "Locate Options.xml file":
- Save the file and copy it to a convenient location on your network or to a USB flash drive.
- Once X/2 is installed on the new PC, go into Control Panel, Administrative Tools and open Services
- Right click on Z/IPStream X/2 Service and select Stop Service
- Go into the C:\ProgramData\Telos Systems\ZIPStream X2 folder and remove the original Options.xml file
- Copy and paste the Options.xml file from the old workstation into this location
- Go back in Services, right click and select Start Service
- Open Z/IPStream X/2 web gui and login. Confirm that all the encoding instances have re-appeared
- As for the license, if you get the "activation exceeded" message when applying your license key, please contact us with the license key and we can reset it for you.
- The AudioSources might not match from the old system to the new system. You may need to remove the old Audio Sources, add them in again point to the correct sound interface. Then update your encoders or processing instances to use the new input
Omnia.9 processing and client audio presets are saved separately using the NfRemote application.
Let us know how we can help
If you have further questions on this topic or have ideas about how we can improve this document, please contact us.