Axia IP-Driver version 188.8.131.52 release and install information
This document applies to version 184.108.40.206 of the Axia IP Driver for Windows installed on Windows 10 or higher.
If your workstation is on Windows 7 do not attempt this update and continue to use version 220.127.116.11
Preparation for Update
Complete any System Updates
Disabling Windows Fast Startup (Win 10):
Fast Startup is enabled by default in a clean Windows installation on most laptops and desktops. Even by Microsoft's own admission, it doesn't always work correctly. For this reason, we recommend turning this off.
- Search for and open “Power options” in the Start Menu.
- Then chose "additional power settings"
- Click “Choose what the power buttons do” on the left side of the window.
- Notice that Shutdown settings will be grayed out. Click “Change settings that are currently unavailable.”
- Under “Shutdown settings” make sure “Turn on fast startup” is NOT checked. This screenshot shows Fast Startup properly DISABLED.
You do not need to reboot after making this change.
Proceeding With Your Install
Uninstall Previous Versions
Using Add/Remove Programs in Windows, uninstall the previous version of the Axia IP-Driver. After uninstalling, you must reboot before installing version 18.104.22.168
Errors during removal
If you are having trouble uninstalling a previous version please see this article.
Download and Install the Current Version
Download and unzip the installation files to a location on your computer.
Execute the installer package MSI file
The installation process will take you through a few windows to install the driver. Enter the appropriate information when requested.
A progress bar window will present itself to provide feedback on the progress. In some cases, it may appear stalled because a window has opened waiting for user input. Before assuming the process has failed, make sure you acknowledge all active windows. Closing the installation process prematurely can lead to a corrupted install.
Once the install is complete, there will be a notification window providing the option to press the Finish button. You will then be prompted to reboot your computer. After reboot, the IP-Audio Driver is installed.
Release notes for Version 22.214.171.124
- Fixes issue where RTP sequence numbers on outgoing streams would reset when certain 3rd party audio application would close/open the sound device
- Fixes issue where Advertisement Service would not always use the correct network interface during Windows system startup process. Or if network interface was not available initially during Windows system startup
- Fixes issue where Axia ASIO device could contain a response that can cause some 3rd party applications to crash when using
- Add logging of Advertisement States to Windows Event Logger
Let us know how we can help
If you have further questions on this topic or have ideas about improving this document please contact us