Simple Tools to Remote Control your Console - A simple Pathfinder Panel
This document covers simple steps, using Pathfinder PC for Windows to create a simple button panel used for turning a console fader ON and OFF
Often, you need to accomplish some simple task, and in this video, I will show you how to use some simple tools, which most of you likely already have in your arsenal. No fancy tools needed.
Here are the steps we took in the video.
Create a new Software Panel
- On the Panels Tab of Pathfinder Server, click on New Panel
- Assign a Name and Caption to your Panel
- Add an ON Button setting the button Name, Caption, and Colors.
- Add an OFF Button setting the button Name, Caption, and Colors.
- Size the Window appropriately.
Create New Stack Events to assign some actions to our buttons
Stack Event for the ON button
Create a stack event that when the on button on our software panel (called the Key) is pressed DOWN, Channel 10 on the console will turn ON.
Stack Event for the OFF button
Create a stack event that when the OFF button on our software panel is pressed DOWN, Channel 10 on the console will turn OFF.
Stack Event to control the status of our software buttons.
Create a stack event that monitors the state (ON or OFF) of the console fader. When the fader is ON, it sets the software buttons to the correct states.
- Fader ON = On button ON, Off button OFF
- Fader OFF = On button OFF, Off button ON
Let us know how we can help
If you have further questions on this topic or have ideas about how we can improve this document, please contact us.