Updating your 25-Seven PDM to version 2.4.1
First-generation PDMs (with module numbers B599 and lower, built in 2014 or earlier) require Adobe Flash® for some components of the web interface. Unfortunately, hardware and internal software limitations prevent us from supporting a more modern HTML 5 interface as implemented on later PDM's with module numbers B600 and higher. While Telos Alliance strives to keep products updated with modern technologies, we are not able to do so in this case. For information on controlling your PDM, please see this document.
Software releases are comprised of one or more software packages that you may obtain from various methods. Each file name will end with a standard .257 suffix, indicating that it is a 25-Seven Systems software update.
Obtaining the files
PDM update files may be downloaded from the following location.
Please download all files to a local directory on your computer.
- Take your PDM unit out of the air chain. Analog/AES users can place the PDM in Bypass mode. Livewire users will want to route PDM out of the IP-audio program chain.
- Log into your PDM using a Flash V9 or higher-enabled web browser. Do this by entering /update.html after the IP address of the unit (EG: http://192.168.1.12/update.html). Your user name is pdmweb, and your default password is pdmwebBXXX where “BXXX” is the module number of your unit as found on the information screen. User-configurable web passwords were added in PDM version 2.0; check your LCD under “System” to verify the password if it has changed from the factory default.
- Follow on-screen instructions from the Update page: browse your computer to the first of the.257 files you were sent, choose the file, and then press Submit. Updating will take a couple of seconds. When complete, you should see a “Success” notification at the bottom of the browser page. Use the “click here” link to return to the main browser page.
- Repeat step 3 for each supplied update file, making sure to install in the following order. If the versions you have downloaded do not match these versions please do not proceed and contact our support department.
- Return to the update page and verify the versions have been installed. If everything looks good, return to the web control pages by removing /update.html from the address line and then reloading the page.
- Once all updates have been loaded, power cycle your PDM.