Software Update Omnia-3
Using the Omnia-3 Audio Processor, a software update can be done by using a new PCMCIA software card only. This document describes how to get and install the update.
This update requires that you are already received the new PCMCIA software card from the Telos Support Team. If you need to purchase a new card, please contact us and request a quote for;
- 1166-00007-000 - LINEAR PCMCIA FLASH CARD (with the latest software)
Installing the update
- Remove the power from the unit.
- Carefully open the lid and take it aside.
- Depending on the hardware revision of the installed mainboard, look for a jumper or a switch labeled S1. Below you will find a picture showing the correct location on the board if needed. Move the jumper to the shorted position so it will be in the CLEAR state. If a switch is installed, skip to step 4.
- Please short out the two leads of the purple, cylindrical lithium battery for 30 seconds. At the same time, press and hold the switch S1 if no jumper is installed on your hardware.
- Once done, remove the jumper back to its original (OPEN) position. If the jumper stays at the new position (CLEAR state), the unit will not boot.
- Carefully remove the old PCMCIA software card and install the new one you received from the Telos Support Team on the rear of the unit. Please make sure that the new card is fully seated in its slot.
- Put the lid back on top of the unit and use 2-4 screws to secure it.
- Connect the power cord and switch on the device. Now, the unit should boot into the new software. When done, you can double-check the current DSP software version by going to SYSTEM - ABOUT.
- If the unit is booting up and passing audio properly, please use all the screws to fix the lid securely.
Let us know how we can help
If you have further questions on this topic or have ideas about improving this document please contact us