Troubleshoot Lost DDCC License
These are the steps to take in troubleshooting a lost DDCC License
There are multiple possibilities as to why there are issues with your license. From registry cleaning tools, to insufficient administrative privileges as well as many other system-specific variables could be the culprit. Without knowing more information regarding your workstation and the configuration it can be hard to pin point the exact issue.
As an initial troubleshooting step, we recommend the following.
Requirements, Steps, Etc.
- As an initial troubleshooting step, we recommend the following:
1. Go "C:\Windows\system32" and launch "services.msc".
2. Find the "CodeMeter Runtime Server", and verify that it is "Started" -under the "Status" column.
3. If the status is reported as "Stopped", right-click to "Restart" the service.
4. To avoid this configuration issue in the future, right-click on the "CodeMeter Runtime Server" to select "Properties".
5. Under the "General" tab, verify that the "Startup type:" is set to "Automatic".
6. Under the "Recovery" tab, set the "First, Second, and Subsequent" failure actions to "Restart the Service".
7. Restart your computer, and see if these steps have alleviated the licensing issue.
If your license still does not appear after following the steps as listed above, please follow the steps below to generate a new license request file:
01. Launch CodeMeter Control Center.
02. In the left pane, select your SurCode license container (i.e "SCDDP_Encoder", or "SCDDP_Encoder_Adobe").
03. Click on "License Update" and step through the menus to create a new license request file (*.WibuCmRaC).
04. Send this file to us: email@example.com
When we receive your new license request file, a member of our support staff will be able to generate a license update file, and send it to you via email.
Thank you for working with us on this, and we look forward to any further assistance you may require
Let us know how we can help
If you have further questions on this topic or have ideas about improving this document, please contact us.