RJ-45 to balanced or unbalanced audio cable wiring
This document covers the pinouts for connection to the RJ-45 audio connectors on the back of all Axia devices. This is commonly referred to as the Studiohub wiring standard.
RJ45 to balanced / unbalanced audio cable wiring, commonly known as Studiohub.
XLR pinout guide
1/4" or 1/8" TRS guide
RJ-45 Male guide
Unbalanced RCA or Phono
Unbalanced Stereo TRS
Pre-made adapter cables
8 Inch (200mm) Adapter Cables.
Adapter cables are custom-made to facilitate speedy hookup of audio sources to Telos Alliance Mixed Signal Node and AES/EBU Interfaces. Standard-length short Stereo analog cables; 2 inputs each.
The following Telos part numbers are available for 8 inch (200mm) cables;
- 2091-00130-000: XLR Male to RJ-45 Female
- 2091-00131-000: 1⁄4" TRS to RJ-45 Female
- 2091-00132-000: RCA phono dual plugs to RJ-45 Female
- 2091-00129-000: XLR Female to RJ-45 Female
6 foot (2 meter) Adapter Cables.
In addition to extra length, these cables’ male RJ-45s plug directly into Axia nodes without the need for an intermediate patch cable. The perfect, convenient single-cable solution for easily placing sources and Nodes in adjacent EQ racks. Extra-long Stereo analog cables; 2 inputs each.
The following Telos part numbers are available for 6 foot (2 meter) cables;
- 2091-00123-000: Dual XLR Female to RJ-45 Male
- 2091-00124-000: Dual XLR Male to RJ-45 Male
- 2091-00125-000: Dual 1⁄4" TRS to RJ-45 Male $30
- 2091-00126-000: Dual RCA phono plugs to RJ-45 Male
Contact your Axia dealer for cabling options.
Let us know how we can help
If you have further questions on this topic or have ideas about improving this document please contact us