Phone Control from iQ Telco Expansion Console - Hx6 / iQ6 / VX
Scope of this Document
The intent of this document is to cover the configuration of an iQ 6-Fader Telco Expansion to control a VX show or an Hx6/iQ6. It presumes that the VX system has been configured with a SIP Server and is ready to air calls, or the Hx6/iQ6 is configured and connected to phone lines with dots present on the front panel. It also presumes that the iQ6, Hx6 unit, or VX’s shows and studios have been configured, and the VSets are already working correctly.
QOR Console Source Profile
- Log in to the console or the QOR and find/create a PHONE source profile for the first hybrid channel.
- Set up the profile, as usual, providing the LW channel number of the “hybrid” in the phone system to be controlled and aired from the console.
- Towards the bottom of the page, find HYBRID FOR TELOS PHONE. Choose SELECTABLE and set the value to 1. This links this source to the left column of the controller.
- Repeat this with the second source profile, except put a number “2” in the HYBRID field to tell the console that the second channel is controlled by the right-hand column.
QOR Show Profile
The next thing to do is to tell the QOR which Hx6 unit, iQ6 unit, or VX Show and Studio to log in to. This is done in the QOR’s Show profile.
- Go to SHOWS and select a show profile from the list.
- Under the channel setup, find the PHONE CONNECTION portion of the show setup.
- Then enter the IP address of the phone system, the VX show name, and the studio. (Password too if this applies)
- When you have the correct information entered, click OK or APPLY to save.
After saving these changes and reloading the show on the QOR console, the call controller will be able to control the phone system similar to a VSet in Talent mode.