Activating Support Link on your 25-Seven PDM II
This document covers the steps to enable the Support Link options in the 25-Seven Profanity Delay Manager II (PDM II)
Support Link (if enabled by you) will allow Telos Alliance support staff to securely and remotely gather configuration and log information from your PDM II. Telos Connect is helpful if you are having problems and require technical support. Also, when used with a Telos Care Plus agreement, it allows complete configuration remotely. Support LInk is a fully encrypted, outbound-only connection from your PDM II to our Support Link server. No special firewall rules are generally required, and no special ports need to be opened from outside your network.
Enabling Support Link
Support Link is included with every PDM II.
- Using your Web Browser, navigate to the main Web Page of your PDM II
- Log in with the "pdmweb" username and your password.
- From the Main menu, click on the UTILITIES link.
- Click on Support Link under the Maintenance heading.
- Under Access Control on the Support Link page, select Full access, then click Submit.
- Test your connection by clicking the Test Connection buttonPDM II needs DNS configured and access to the outside world. Generally, if you have PD-Alerts™ configured, your unit has some outside access. If your Support Link connection works, you will get the message;
Disabling Support Link
Support Link is disabled by default. If you have enabled it and want to disable it and not allow any connections from Telos Alliance support staff, follow the steps above, but select Disabled then Submit.
Support Link is now DISABLED.
There are a few firewall considerations for Telos Connect to function. For more information, please review this document.
Let us know how we can help
If you have further questions on this topic or have ideas about improving this document, please contact us.