Methods for using SAGE ENDEC EAS equipment in the Livewire Environment
This document describes how to incorporate emergency alert equipment into a Livewire environment using a QOR engine or an xNode. The method for xNode can be applied to the Quasar, Element. Fusion, and Powerstation system.
This will require that one input and one output of the same format be available. Here we'll use AES/EBU I/O.
- First, set up the physical output on the QOR:
- Connect the AES output to the SAGE digital input.
- Then connect the SAGE digital output to the AES/EBU input of the QOR.
- Set up a Livewire (AoIP) output for the AES/EBU input:
This new channel number (10006 in this example) is the LW channel you use for the final processor input, or the destination of the node driving the input of the final processor.
- Configure a Livewire (AoIP) output for your program audio: (For Element, Quasar, and Fusion this is done from the Program and monitor out page)
- Use the LW channel for this output as the destination at the xNode (here we're using output 4 aes/ebu on a mixed signal xNode:
- Connect the AES output of the xNode to the SAGE digital input.
- Connect the SAGE digital output to the xNodes AES input
- Configure the source for the xNode's AES input by assigning a LW channel:
This new LW channel (31504 in this example) is what you use at the LW input of the final processor, or at the destination of the node driving the input of the final processor. In both of these examples, the EAS box is in series with the rest of the signal chain. (a daisy chain). This way the unit can interrupt program audio for priority announcements and tests.