PDM Dump Archive - How to Delete Files
This article applies to all versions of Program Delay Manager (PDM).
Any time audio is Dumped on the PDM, both the original audio (the OffAir audio) and the result of the Dump (in other words, what went OnAir) are kept in the DUMP ARCHIVE.
You can click on the file name of any of these files to download and review them, but customers often ask how to delete them. The answer is you don't.
Configuring the Dump Archive
Files in the Dump Archive are deleted automatically based on the PD-Alert settings on the CONFIGURATION page.
- Navigate to the Web Page of your PDM
- Log in with your username and password. The user name is always "pdmweb" and can not be changed. The password will vary depending on your unit.
- Click on CONFIGURATION in the main header
- In the PD-Alert Section, locate the setting "Retain dump files"
- The default is forever (or until space runs out). You can also pick 30, 60, or 90 days from the list
- Click Appy at the bottom of the page
Let us know how we can help
If you have further questions on this topic or have ideas about improving this document please contact us