Downloading Logs from the PDM II
This document applies only to PDM II versions of the 25-Seven Program Delay Manager (PDM). If you are looking for instructions to download logs from an original PDM, please click here.
The customer asks, "where are the logs are located on the PDM II, and how do I download them?"
Downloading the logs
To download the logs from your PDM, you will need to know the IP Address of your unit and the password.
The user name is always: pdmweb
There is no default password on the PDM II. For security reasons, if no password is set, the web UI will be disabled.
To access these logs;
- Using a web browser, navigate to the IP address of your PDM II. For example, http://192.168.2.95
- When prompted, Enter your Username and password.
- Once logged in, select the UTILITIES menu across the top.
- On the Utilities page, under the Download Logs Package, select the appropriate log to download.
Chose the appropriate log package. If five days' worth of logs is enough, only download the "Last 5 days." In some cases, we may ask for the entire logs.
The Data Log only logs data that is received or sent as part of the metadata delay. If you are not using the PDM II to delay your metadata there would be no reason to download this log.
Because PDM II logs may include sensitive information like passwords, they are encrypted and can not be read locally. The Data Logs are NOT encrypted and can be read like any text file.
- You will be prompted to download and save a file that ends in .bin. Save this file somewhere on your computer.
- Proceed as instructed with the downloaded file.
The .bin file is simply a zipped file. If you attempt to email this file, your email system or the receiver email system may not like the .bin extension. We suggest you rename the extension to something other than .bin before sending it. Rename it to anything that is not "executable," like .bi_ or .b_n.
Let us know how we can help
If you have further questions on this topic or have ideas about improving this document please contact us