Dashboard does not see any panels
Upon starting Dashboard, you may notice that it cannot connect to your Infinity devices. We will walk through some possible causes and solutions to this.
Diagnosing the problem
This issue can appear in two different ways.
- A fresh install of Dashboard shows no devices, no I/O, and no connection to anything, even after sitting for an extended period of time
- Dashboard has already been connected to your devices, but you notice one or more device show a red exclamtion mark. The red exclamation mark that Dashboard has lost connection to that particular panel
How to discover devices when Dashboard is blank
If Dashboard shows nothing at all, that typically means that something is blocking network conectivity from Dashboard to the devices.
- Try pinging a device, or navigating to it's web interface using it's IP address (you can find this from the devie's front panel). If you cannot reach the device, this is likely a network issue. Make sure that your Dashboard computer is on the same network as your Infinity devices.
- If you can ping the devices, check your firewall or antivirus. By default, Dashboard uses port 49352 to comunicate with the panels, and it's possible that your firewall or antivirus may be blocking this traffic. Try to temporarily disable your firewall or antivirus and see if the devices start to appear in Dashboard.
- Make sure that Dashboard is using to correct NIC to communicate to your devices. By default, Dashboard will try to automatically chose the correct NIC. If the above two methods didn't help, it's best to tell Dashboard explicitly which NIC to use. Follow this document to update Dashboard with the appropriate NIC: Setting the password used for Livewire devices in Dashboard - TelosHelp (telosalliance.com)
How to fix a device that has a red exclamation mark
If you are seeing devices with a red exclamation mark in Dashboard, that means that Dashboard has previously been able to communicate with the device, but has somehow lost connection to it.
- First, make sure you can reach the device's web interface. This can easily be done through Dashboard. Just click on the device so that it is highlighted, and then click on the Manage button. This will take you to the unit's web interface. If you cannot connect to the web interface of the device, make sure that it is properly connected to the network (check cables, connection to switch, IP address, etc).
- If more than one panel has the red exclamtion mark, try to restart Dashboard. See the very bottom of this document for instruction on how to restart Dashboard Server: Setting the password used for Livewire devices in Dashboard - TelosHelp (telosalliance.com)
- If all else fails, try and power cycle the device and see if it comes back.
If during any of these steps you have found that a power cycle of the device brought the unit back in Dashboard, please connact our support department. There may be something else going on with that panel that we may need to investigate.
Let us know how we can help
If you have further questions on this topic or have ideas about improving this document, please contact us.