Kantar watermarking for streaming - How does it work
This document covers Kantar watermark setup for the Z/IP Stream X/2 and 9/X2 streaming software and the Z/IP Stream R/2 and 9R/2 hardware encoder.
Note that specific versions are certified for use with Kantar and may NOT be the most current version of the software. Please make sure you are using the proper version of software for your platform
As of this writing;
- For the Z/IP Stream X/2 and 9/X2 software, only the version 1.22- beta is supported. Download it from here.
- For the Z/IP Stream R/2 and 9R/2, only version 1.05- is supported. Download it from here.
Make sure you received and properly activated your Kantar watermark license for your Z/IP Stream. One license is required for each Kantar watermarked stream that you want to create. A properly activated license will look like this.
If you do not have Kantar licenses, please contact your Telos dealer to obtain them.
Setting up a Kantar watermark stream is a two-step process;
Create a Processed Audio Source
- From the Main configuration interface click +NEW
- Chose + Processed or Watermarked Audio source instance
- Assign a name (for example WXYZ Processed)
- Pick the primary source of audio you created during your initial setup (Country in our case)
- Pick your Processing source (We have chosen Omnia 9 for our example
- If you decided on Omnia 3, you must pick a processing preset as well.
Here is our completed example.
- Click Save
You should now see a processing instance on your main page. Start it and confirm that you have audio levels.
This processing instance will now appear as a new source of audio, which we will use in the next step.
Create a new Watermarked Audio Source
- Click on the +New button from the main screen. (same as the first step)
- Chose + Processed or Watermarked Audio source instance. (also the same as the first step)
- Assign a name. (for this example we'll use WXYZ Kantar)
- From the Audio Source drop-down list, pick the Processed Audio source that we created in the previous step.
- From the Processing drop-down, select Kantar Watermarking.
- Click on Generate Authorization Code
- Click on Download Authorization Code
You will need to complete the remaining steps as part of your Kantar licensing process. Use the downloaded authorization code to obtain your remaining licenses from Kantar Media.
Come back to this screen and upload your Watermarking and Audience License to complete the setup.
Let us know how we can help
If you have further questions on this topic or have ideas about how we can improve this document, please contact us.