Identifying front panel OLED type on a Z/IP One
This document deals directly with the identification of the OLED type used on the front panel of the Telos Z/IP One.
The Z/IP ONE has had to different OLED displays over the course of its manufacture. The displays themselves are identical; however, they use different controllers and have different ribbon cables. This document describes how to determine which OELD is used in your Z/IP ONE.
All versions PRIOR to 1.8 use the original OLED. The original OLED part number is 1171-00031.
Do not assume that running newer software implies newer style OLED. Read on.
If the display is legible
Using the front panel control knob, scroll to the end of the Status page.
Note the Hardware ID 02/01/3D/01
The 3D indicated in the 3rd position of the hardware ID, indicates the display board type.
- 3D - New style display, use 1171-00056-100
- 3C - Old style display, use 1171-00031-100
If the display is not legible
When the display is bad enough to be unusable, there are two other ways to determine which OLED to send.
No screwdriver method
- Go to the web page of the unit.
- Go to the logs page, and download a log archive.
- Open the archive.
- Extract the file called logger2.txt.gz
- View the logger2.txt file and search for NewOLED:
- NewOLED:0 - Use old style display - 1171-00031-100
- NewOLED:1 - Use new style display - 1171-00056-100
Read the board
- Unrack the Z/IP ONE
- Disconnect from MAINS
- Remove the lid.
There is a revision number on the display board near the ribbon cable hat connects it to the mainboard.
- 1401-00263-102 - Use old style display - 1171-00031-100
- 1401-00263-105 - Use new style display - 1171-00056-100
Method of last resort
- Count the pins on the ribbon cable of the display.
- 34 pins - Use old style display - 1171-00031-100
- 30 pins - Use new style display - 1171-00056-100
Let us know how we can help
If you have further questions on this topic or have ideas about how we can improve this document, please contact us.