MPX Node release notes and update instructions
This document applies to the following Omnia MPX Node devices;
- Omnia MPX Node Decoder - part number 2001-00522-000
- Omnia MPX Node Encoder - part number 2001-00529-000
This firmware update is advised for all users of MPX Nodes. It addresses an unlikely but critical case where the loss of power before cached changes have been written to memory could corrupt flash storage, making the unit unable to boot. While such a field failure is rare, and we have only encountered a few cases, affected units require factory re-initialization. This update eliminates the conditions where such a failure can occur.
Version 1.1.5 (Jan 9, 2020)
- Maintenance release only, no new features in this version.
- Fixes a rare issue where an ill-timed reboot could result in corruption of the flash memory.
DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE FILE
Click here to download the most recent update. Save the update file to a location on your computer .
INSTALLING THE UPDATE
The MPX Node has a dual software bank update system. You can safely update the bank that is NOT active while the unit is online. Software updates are always uploaded to the inactive bank.
- Using your web browser, navigate to the main web page of your MPX Node.
- Log in with your user name and password.
- From the left side menu, click on System Setup.
- At the bottom of the System Setup page, click on the SELECT FILE button
- Using the dialog box that opens (this will differ depending on your operating system), browse for and select the file you previously downloaded.
- Click the UPLOAD button. A progress bar will show you the status of the upload. Once complete, the version number in the Firmware bank that is inactive will reflect the new version number.
- Click the Make Active link on the bank that contains the new version.
- A confirmation screen will prompt you to proceed with a reboot.