Axia IP-Driver version 188.8.131.52 release and install information
Preparation for Update
Complete any System Updates
Disabling Windows Fast Startup (Win 10):
Fast Startup is enabled by default in a clean Windows installation on most laptops and desktops. Even by Microsoft's own admission, it doesn't always work correctly. For this reason, we recommend turning this off.
- Search for and open “Power options” in the Start Menu.
- Then chose "additional power settings"
- Click “Choose what the power buttons do” on the left side of the window.
- Notice that Shutdown settings will be grayed out. Click “Change settings that are currently unavailable.”
- Under “Shutdown settings” make sure “Turn on fast startup” is NOT checked. This screenshot shows Fast Startup properly DISABLED.
You do not need to reboot after making this change.
PROCEEDING WITH YOUR INSTALL
Uninstall Previous Versions
Using Add/Remove Programs in Windows, uninstall the previous version of the Axia IP-Driver. After uninstalling, you must reboot before installing version 184.108.40.206.
Errors during removal
If you are having trouble uninstalling a previous version please see this article.
Download and Install the Current Version
Download and unzip the installation files ftp://ftp.zephyr.com/pub/Axia/Updates/WinDrv/3001-00017-016-axiaipdr-220.127.116.11.zip to a location on your computer.
Execute the installer package MSI file. Note that there are two versions of the installer.
- axiaipdr-18.104.22.168-x64.msi is for use on 64 bit Windows OS
- axiaipdr-22.214.171.124.msi is for use on 32 bit Windows OS
The installation process will take you through a few windows to install the driver. Enter the appropriate information when requested.
A progress bar window will present itself to provide feedback on the progress. In some cases, it may appear stalled because a window has opened waiting for user input. Before assuming the process has failed, make sure you acknowledge all active windows. Closing the installation process prematurely can lead to a corrupted install.
Once the install is complete, there will be a notification window providing the option to press the Finish button. You will then be prompted to reboot your computer. After reboot, the IP-Audio Driver is installed.
Release notes for Version 126.96.36.199
- Fixed bug creating PTP domain drop-down selections
- Allow for setting PTP domain to 255
- Added two-step PTP clock support
- A new diagnostics data structure for PLL status
- Outgoing RTP packets' timestamp synced to PTP time when clock set to PTP
- Resolved issues with NIC association
- Resolve issue with ASIO to allow 8-ch devices
- GPIO TTL value changed 128
- Removed debugging event log
- Rx buffers return correct num net-source bytes consumed