Updating Software on VX Enterprise or VX Prime+
These instructions apply to the VX Enterprise and Prime+ systems only. VX Enterprise and Prime+ units are built on a 1RU server platform and will say VX Enterprise or VX Prime+ on the front. These instructions do not apply to the original VX engine platforms that shipped in a 2 RU fanless chassis.
Uploading the Software Update
- Using a Web Browser, navigate to the main TelosVX Control Center for your VX.
- Confirm the version of Telos VX you have by observing the logo in the upper-left corner of the Web Page. Make sure that you download the correct version of VX software.
- Click the Firmware link on the left side menu.
- Click the Choose File button. Browse for and locate the update file for your system.
- Click the Upload button.
The firmware file is uploaded to the first open "slot" under the Firmware Version list. You will see a message that it "Successfully uploaded new firmware in slot #2" as shown here.
Activating the new Version
- Click the Activate button to the left of the newly updated firmware (in this example, Slot 2)
- A message displays saying you have "Successfully activated firmware in slot 2"
- A message at the top of the screen says, "Restart is required to load any newly activated firmware." When you are ready, click the Reboot Now button
The system will restart. After approximately 40 seconds, return to the Firmware page and confirm that your new firmware version shows active.
Your VX firmware update is complete.
Let us know how we can help
If you have further questions on this topic or have ideas about improving this document, please contact us.